cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Through Contact page

Hazeyb

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me,

I have a contact page on my website, and either its not working correctly (which I have check on many different computers and it does work) or when someone with a virus (or something similar) goes onto my website, it sends hundreds of blank contact pages to me (not even with the titles of the form, i.e.. name, address, order....which is what it does if I press the button without writing anything)

and its getting on my nerves, when it does this, because sometimes when it does it once or twice, I worry that there is something wrong with it, and someone's order is not coming through.

Please help

Thank you

Haz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OldWolf
Guru

Hi,

Also you should never have a form that can be sent without any data in it.  At least one field (preferably more) should have some type of validation.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Dave A

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sogo7
Grand Master

Has  this contact form been created by the BT site building wizard or did you code it yourself?

If you wrote the code can you post it  up here  for the contact page including the script that actually sends the mail() ? and I'll take a look for you.

It it's built using a wizard you'll need to raise a ticket with the people responsible for it.

Sounds like  either a passing web spambot (not a virus) triggering the send mail  or you have accidently set up a recurring loop in your server side script. 

Lovelogic.net UK Jobs Scanner

marcellarhughes

Dont let your contact pages show your contact (email) so it wont happened again. Someone sends you spams to it.

Marcella Hughes

CHI-Premier Software IT Support

OldWolf
Guru

Hi,

Also you should never have a form that can be sent without any data in it.  At least one field (preferably more) should have some type of validation.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Dave A