cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP address

pat362

I know this has been discussed before, but I need a bit more help understanding all this please!

I have one of the new hubs and need to put my static IP address into it but don't know which bits to change.  I can't find advanced options or anything like that, and the dire warnings on the pages make me reluctant to do this without experienced help.

Many thanks

Pat

6 REPLIES 6

markp
Grand Guru

Hi pat362,

If you have a BT business hub, if you have a single static IP all you need to do is make sure that the router is using the correct network login name and password.  If it is then when the router logs in we auto assign the single static IP to the router.  If you have a range of static IP's you will need to manually configure your BT business hub, if you look at the thread The Small Office Network Guides this explains how to configure the router.

Regards

Markp

pat362

Many thanks for the quick reply. I have a problem in that I can change the address assignement to 'public (select WAN Ip mapping), but when I go down to the next option (Wan IP address default) it won't doesn't change from that - it just has the same option in the next drop-down box.

What do I do to change that? Thanks.  Pat

pat362

Forgot to add I have only one static Ip address.

pat362

Have had to give up and put my old router back on as I'm broadcasting a web cam which won't work with the new router. Will have to try again.

Pat

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Pat,

I would advise that if you put the BT router back on then contact us. To allow us to diagnose the issue with the hub and to understand better what you are trying to do.

Regards

Markp

pat362

Many thanks, Mark, I'll have another go this afternoon. My son thinks I'm going about this the wrong way and should be doing 'port forwarding'. My cam (on a bird box, nothing dodgy!) is streaming from another computer on my home network, and I remember having to set up port forwarding on my Netgear router. I can't see where you do this on the BT hub, though it must be there somewhere! As far as I can see, I've set the firewall to allow the cam through.

Pat