cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk to BT

Graeme1978

Hi,

We currently have broadband with TalkTalk at our office. It is our intention to switch to BT Business Infinity which is now available in our area.

The person I've just spoken to at BT Business said it will take 5 days to transfer the line across during which time we will have no Internet access. This really isn't an option for us and due to the number of people in the office and useage, a 3G dongle isn't going to cut it.

Is there any way to get this downtime to a minimum? I would like us to move to BT but whilst we're looking at 5 days downtime I can't even consider it unfotunately.

Thanks in advance!

Graeme

6 REPLIES 6

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

Depending on the situation there should be an option to keep the old service running until the new one is up, but I don't know the ins and outs of it.

If you call the Business Movers Team on 0800 328 1189, they should be able to advise you.

Dave

bombinho
Super User

Do not bank on promises not even if you have them in writing. Rather get BT on the second line pair and only once its up and running cancel talktalk. You may have an overlap between but that is still a lot cheaper than being for a month without telephone and broadband despite being promised the old line only gets switched off a week after the new line is in place.

Sorry Dave, but this sits to deep to be forgotten quickly. And the best is I had to pay for a full 24 month contract I never had and I never received any service at all.

So please do yourself the favour and get things parallel and keep them independent.

daempii

I agree with you, bombinho. Doing so will definitely save you from trouble and lets you save some money converting especially on a new line.

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

I'm not going to slate you for that by the way bomb, as things can go wrong and it's always best to have as much security as you can manage in the process.  Better too safe than not safe enough.

Dave

bombinho
Super User

Well I am aware of things probably going wrong but if I do a mistake which leaves my customers without service then I will make the impossible possible in order to get things corrected. I would already do so if it is not my fault.

But that was completely out of order.

There are things burned into my mind where I thought this is a joke only never mind them being honest.

My services been cut of on a Friday mid-morning. When I got to know I rushed back to phone up the helpdesk.

After several hours with the helpdesk I got told that it is Friday afternoon and finishing time and there will nobody deal with my problem till Monday. And Monday it came better. I got told I have been switched off in an error and I am not gonna be switched back on anymore?! The only way to get my services back would be taking out a new contract.

As mentioned before they just took the money till the end of the contract and never paid it back.

Despite cancelling in error themselves and never even bothering to turn the services back on at the confirmed date but another three weeks later possibly. Because they had in error forgotten to transmit the request for an engineer but had not forgotten to switch someone else on my line.

This is not an error its at best terror. Organized failures through various departments and nobody at charge or fault. It just went wrong and again and again. And to put cream on it that was during the time when my wife was due to give birth and we had no other connection to the outside world but a prepaid t-mobile I bought just to bridge the time because my Vodafone contracts run through an range extender which obviously will not work without broadband.

Do you know of any other company that actually can afford to treat its customers like that?

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

Yeah to be fair that completely sucks, and I don't blame you for being hacked off.

Did you raise a formal complaint?  If you did then PM me any details (case references etc.), rather than posting them in public.

Dave

p.s. and no that is not an invitation for all and sundry to PM me every case they've ever raised.  Any spurious PM's will be deleted.