cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone splitters on VoIP line?

will_raymo2000

I am subscribed to BBV Plus with a geographic number.

I am also in the process of building an outside office for work and need to be able to use the VoIP line out there. I have got a LAN cable and a telephone cable outside ready to be hooked up in my existing study where the business hub it. However I would also like to retain all the internet equipment in my existing office in the house and use the VoIP line inside as well as in the new office.

Is it possible to double up this one line and have one set of wireless phones as they are set up at present and also a second set off an extension of this line?

Hope I have made this clear enough!!

3 REPLIES 3

craigmod
Power User
It is believed that the REN value of an FXS port is 4.

We have put 4 'old fashioned' bell type analogue phones into 1 FXS port, configured with BBV, and all 4 ring and there is a speech path. We also put a simulated line length of just over 7 Km in the line and again all 4 phones ring Ok. Therefore, the quick test we've done here suggests what you want to do 'should' work fine.

It has been suggested that although DECT base stations have REN value of 1, this is a nominal value and in practice, the actual value is somewhat below this.

I hope this helps
Message Edited by craigmod on 30-04-2009 08:22 AM
Moved:

Fiona
Grand Guru

Removed by Business Forum Moderator. Message was not in line with Business Forum Guidelines.

Moved:

Fiona
Grand Guru

Message removed by Forum Moderator as deemed as Spam Message. Fiona BT Business Forum Moderator