cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Joomla 1.5 Web Site, as BT no longer provide support and it needs updating

energymanager

Hi

BT's web developers built my web site in Joomla version 1.5 several years ago, as this was the system BT were using at the time.  But my web site now needs updating to the current version, Joomla 3.4.  I spoke to several different BT departments at length last week and was categorically advised :

• BT no longer provide technical support for Joomla

• BT are not accepting any work to set up new websites or work on any websites, other than the sites which currently use BT's own internal CMS system, as they are too busy upgrading web sites from BT's old system to BT's new system, which will probably take another 6 months to complete

• My only option is to transfer to another web hosting company to complete the upgrade to Joomla 3.4

Obviously I was very surprised and disappointed to hear this.

So I have now opened a new web hosting account, with a different provider, and need to have the content of my Joomla web site with BT uploaded to the new web host, before the upgrade to Joomla 3.4 can be completed.

The new web host has said they :"Tried to export your database remotely, but unfortunately the export has failed. Could you please provide us with login details to your other host's control panel or database management tool such as phpMyAdmin so we can export the site database."

Could you please help me resolve this problem by providing an answer to their request.

Many thanks

Stephen

0 REPLIES 0