cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my company domain from 'BT' Office 365 to 'Microsoft' Office 365

marcus

My company has recently subscribed to Office 365 directly with Microsoft and I need to add my comapny domain name to that account. Unfortuantely my company domain is currently registered to 'another' Office 365 account (ref. bt******pop.onmicrosoft.com), which I assume is my 'BT' office 'light' 365 account, set up as part of my BT Buisness package to just manage emails.  I am looking to retain my website hosting with BT. Can I access my company 'BT' Office 365 account directlly as an administrator to delete the domain and then hopefully reasign it to my 'Microsoft' Office 365 ?  I am obviously trying to do this without losing any email connectivity.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Ian1974

Hi Marcus,

To remove your domain from Office 365 only you need to de-activate all the users.

We recommend you back up your e-mail first.

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24029/kw/email%20export

You can then de-active the e-mail users, more details can be found on the link below.

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/c/2048,2053,3795/a_id/31918/kw/deactivate%20mailbo...

Once the last domain user has been removed, the domain is automatically removed from our Microsoft account.

Kind Regards,

Ian - F -

BT Business Support

MDSilvester

Evening Ian,

Is there a way to do this without deactivating the @domain.com email accounts?

Also having statrted the process by adding the TXT @ MS=xxxxxxx i seem to have stopped the DNS look up for our BT hosted web site?

Any help would be greatfully appricated - Marc

MDSilvester

Evening Marcus,

We have the same problem you posted here ... 

Any words of advise before i consider deactiveating company email @domain.com accounts.

Also did the process impact your BT hosted web site?

Any help would be greatly appricated.

Thanks Marc