cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete messages from MS Office 365/BT Connect account

grahamhills

I can't delete messages from my (MS Office 365) BT Connect account - when I try I receive a message saying "access denied - the entire error report is listed below" The list below just says access denied.

I appear to be able to send messages and forward them but can't get rid of them - quite bizarre.

Anyone know what's going on here?

10 REPLIES 10

pwsmall

I had the same happen to me on 5th August 2013. Disappeared overnight, but reappeared today. Any ideas?

Burkem5
Guru

Hi Guys this is a known issue.  It looks like this can be caused by Identity protection on your anti virus software.
you can find the full article on how to fix that here

I hope this helps

Artmachine

I have *NO* AV software active (I'm using a Mac) and I'm having this problem; can't delete any sodding emails.

Any ideas?

Ian1974

Hi Artmachine,

Please see the following posting, there is a major service outage at the moment.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

http://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Email/BT-emaill-major-service-outage/td-p/65750

Ian Ferrier

BT Business Support

Artmachine

Ian - I have no problem accessing my BT emails via Office 365 and the Outlook Web App and even sending email  - it's just when I try to delete (or even move) an email I get the "access denied" error. Is this due to the current service outage?

DavidW

This problem has been going on for weeks now. I've twice talked to BT help and just been told it's a known issue and that there were various problems with the changeover to the Microsoft 365 platform, of which, presumably this is one,that Microsoft was working to fix.

It seems to be intermittent; sometimes when I log on I can delete messages, other times I can't. When that happened it was also refusing to let me log out, though that hasn't recurred for a few days. It has no relationship to which computer I use; I've logged into my account on other people's computers and had the same problem.

This has gone on far too long, and it seems to me that subscribers to BT business broadband are not being given a basic part of the service they are paying so much for and that, until it is fixed, a rebate is in order. The present situation is just not good enough. (I don't have AVG anti-virus so the possible solution posted above is, unfortunately, irrelevant. In any case, as I say above, the issue seems to be account-linked and not specific to any one computer.)

So come on, BT. What are you going to do about it? 

Kanco

I have also had this problem on and off for a few weeks now and not related to AVG or any specific AV software. As with above poster, not related to any specific PC but seems account related. Seems particularly persistent problem today.

HELP21

Hi

This should be fixed now according to the Service Status. Are you all working again?

DavidW

Working again at the moment -- but we've been here before, with delete working and then deciding at the next sign-on not to work. So we'll see.