cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unimpressed!

AngelOfTheNorth

Hi everyone, just wanted to vent my continuing frustrations a little....bear with me, this is very complicated!

I moved house last weekend, to a farmhouse where I wanted to start a business broadband connection on the existing phone line, but the phone was to remain in the farm owners name, as he will still be paying the bill. The broadband took a bit of sorting as the previous tenant (not the farm owner) still had broadband running on the line, I eventually managed to do a 'change of ownership' on the line and agreed to have the same package as the previous tenant, with a new business hub thrown in.

This is where the fun starts..... I received my first bill before I received my business hub, I have been billed for 3 months, at the rate I agreed to for BB Advance Max, but also for BB office unlimited, that I did not request, and I had also requested to be billed monthly, so the bill was for a lot more than expected!

I finally received my business hub on 18th Oct, yet I have been billed from the 10th!....the address that the hub was posted to, was the new address of the previous tenant! (they've moved just down the road)...but was in my name!?

Plugged in the hub, couldn't get it to connect, wasn't sent any username details/passwords, so rang BT for some help, after more than an hour on the phone I finally got it sorted, it wouldn't recognise the username we were trying to put in, so I think I'm now using the previous tenants details...

The first day I was connected, I was getting a reasonable speed for the remote place that we live in, the next day the speed dropped dramatically, the phone has a horrendous buzzing noise, and I am less than happy!

It appears to be that my contract and the previous tenants that now live a couple of miles away have somehow got intertwined......baffled?.....so am I!!!

1 REPLY 1

MHC
Guru

Fist of all, disconnect everything from te line, including any filters (dangly or faceplate)or extensions and plug a single wired phone into the master, preferable the test socket that is available when the filter face plate is removed.   And check for noise again.

If there is still buzzing on the phone line then that is a VOICE fault - call up and report it as such.    Avoid mentioning broadband/ADSL at that time as it will only cause confusion.       Once the voice side is sorted, check the speeds again.

If the buzzing is not there, you have internal issues which are your responsibility to resolve.

As for the username issues - called tech support and talk it through.    From experience, if you can call late in teh evening when few businesses are active and reporting issues, you will find that the tech support agent will have more time to go through everything with you.

Billing - check that there is not a 3 months up front as a "deposit" for a new customer.