cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using btconnect hosted exchange but can't connect with outlook2011 for mac

jetranger

Hi all,

Just got a new MBP with Outlook 2011 on it, but can't for the life of me connect to my btconnect hosted exchange server.

BT have been useless in trying to help, not answering my direct questions about what version of Exchange they are using etc and just avoiding providing me with any useful support at all.   Is BT still using Exchange 2003, which would be incompatible?

If anyone has any experience of setting this up, could you let me know.  I can't even get it to recognise btconnect.com as a valid address and the configurator just has a fit.

Thanks

JR.

11 REPLIES 11

warriorfullight

How about trying to work on Outlook 2010 first and tell me how does it work?

thebigone

With the "Organise and Share" package, there is built in functionality for connection to the imap server, so that other devices (such as blackberry, windows mobiles, etc.) can connect to the mail server also.

With the limitation of Outlook 2011 being unable to connect to the exchange server, it does have that functionality for imap, soyou would be able to create the account as an imap account, and received / synch email through that.

You just wouldn't be able to calendar and contacts.

The imap server is called "imap.btconnect.com", and can be connected to on port: 147, but is only available to those with the "Business Email Plus ..." packages.

• Server- imap.btconnect.com
  • Server type- IMAP
  • Port- 143
  • Timeout - 30 seconds

Use SSL must be un-checked.

This issue should be resolved if on the Office 365 mail platform.

Hope this helps.