cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP Handset with new Superfast Broadband Router

Joeboy

We currently have broadband coming into one building with a BT 2Wire router. Into this we plug in a standard telephone handset with a base station and remote. We use the remote in a 2nd building (office) to receive VOIP calls on our dedicated VOIP line. This is our main business number.

We would like to upgrade to Superfast broadband but understand that the new router we need will only enable us to plug in a Falcon handset to use our VOIP line. This would mean we cannot have the VOIP handset in the 2nd building (which is the office).

It is impossible to run a hard wire to the office building and have the falcon handset physically in the office and plugged into the router.

Is there a solution for this? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Joeboy

Having had not had one response here in 24 hours, I have solved it for anyone interested. Sign up for Vonage and plug their box into the BT Hub3 infinity router, you can then plug in a wireless handset to the Vonage box. Call plans are cheaper too. 

How much money are BT losing because of this? I read through every post in this section and the VOIP section on here and not one BT person has a solution to offer. Unbvelievable that they can deliver 80mb fibre broadband and yet I cannot run a wireless handset.

They do not deserve the business it seems, or could it be that the VOIP revenue loses them money in other areas and they are banking on the fact that most people are not tech savvy enough to look for and implement another solution.

Go to the Vonage website and call them. Easy install and superb service.