cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP calls over 10 minutes dropping out - aaargh!

tetchy_not_tech
I've got a BT Business VOIP line running through BT Business Broadband on a 2700HGV with latest s/w update.  Over the last week, I've had several occasions where the call has been dropped, all on calls of over 10 minutes.  As soon as the call drops, i hear a clicking noise from the router.  I then try to redial but lose dial tone for about 20 seconds until it comes back and I can re-establish the call.  From memory all of these calls have been outbound.  I've also turned the router on and off and still had the problem.

Any ideas?  Could it be a network problem?
3 REPLIES 3

IainL
Does your broadband stop working when the phones cut out?
Any views expressed by me are my opinion and not necessarily the opinion of BT

tetchy_not_tech
I've been so focused on getting back to the other caller I've not paid close enough attention.  I think there is a short interruption to data transfer but nothing major I don't think.

cheers

IainL
Well its just that if your broadband drops out at the same time you've probably got an intermittent connection. You're noticing this more with your voip because you lose the call. With the broadband you probably just load the page again.

Check for line noise on your telephone line, replace the filters, remove other devices from your landline (fax machines, sky boxes etc) and see if it still happens.
Any views expressed by me are my opinion and not necessarily the opinion of BT