cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Issues - Again

cranky

Hi,

I have been on the FTTP Trial for over a year now, as it has now ended, I have decided to go for the 80/20 package, I got sent the new Business Hub V.3 to replace my 2700 2Wire, yet again, the VPN doesnt work. On the 2Wire, I had to speak to the networking desk, who put a custom version of FW on the device as Openzones was interfering with the PPTP traffic.

I have setup the V.3 to forward PPTP traffic to my VPN server, and used the port clamping, but this still doesnt work.

Logging on the V.3 is pretty much non existant which is a big let down.

Has anyone any suggestions as to getting this working?

Chris

8 REPLIES 8

MHC
Guru

Can you carry on using the 2700?  

From what I have seen and tried, the 2wire devices are better than the BH3 !

cranky

Yes I can, but like the faster wifi of the v.3 I suppose I could just use the v.3 as an access point?

MHC
Guru

That is the only benefit that I have seen in the BH3.    Or you could locate it a little way away and give yourself greater WiFi coverage.

helpinghands
Power User

If you are using a IPSec VPN connection make sure that Openzone is disabled on the Business Gub 3 . For some reason Openzone uses port 50, which is needed for an IPSec VPN.

MHC
Guru

@helpinghands wrote:

If you are using a IPSec VPN connection make sure that Openzone is disabled on the Business Gub 3 . For some reason Openzone uses port 50, which is needed for an IPSec VPN.

I believe that is because OZ create a VPN tunnel to keep the OZ traffic away from the customers traffic.

firionicable
Power User

Will it really depend on what type of VPN you are using or what type of client you set up?

helpinghands
Power User

Yes. Different types of VPNs use different ports. i.e. A PPTP VPN would use port 1723.

whiller123
Super User

@cranky

Hi I cant get a windows VPN through the BH3 either when you set it up on the 2701HGV as a server it activates protocol 47 (GRE)

I can't do this on the BH3 can't find that that option.

I assume PPTP is what you are trying to push through.

I am sticking with the 2701HGV as the BH3 aint good

Rob