cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versatility not powering phones

stevekeating

Hi,

We have just aquired a full phone system that was taken from a working site that was upgraded. Its powering on and the power light is constant the dsp and mpc ligh t flashing but the phone handsets (v8s) show no power.

I have tested the cabling (still connected to patch panal that was removed) and all wires beep test ok and i have 40v at the patch panel so the power is going through ok. Stumped. someone help please if you can.

steve

4 REPLIES 4

ntrichardcrabb

Don't forget that you need two pairs.  These are pins 2 and 5, plus 1 and 6.  Without this the V8 phones won't work.

cardare

As already said, for the V8 and V16 endpoints you need to use C and D data pins. Only standard POTS phones will work on two-wire circuits using A and B pins.

Try plugging a standard POTS phone in. If you get a dial tone, your speech (pins A->2 and B->5) circuit is wired fine, but you could be missing the data (C->1 and D->6) which is required for the V8/V16 endpoints to work.

- Lee Ward MBCS
2013 Runner-up in Outstanding Customer Support Award at one of the UK's leading Universities in Birmingham.
Desktop Systems Engineer, self-training on Telephony for career progression.

lucelo

A small exchange box with a couple of BT Versatility V8 phones . This means that your phone or tablet is not connected to the Wi-Fi BacPac's network .

lainaa ilman vakuuksia

BTfix

Hi Steve

Email me some photos of your set up so I can get a clear under standing of what you have got.

As it seems to me that your trying to connect your internal wiring to another wiring system and they both may be wired differently, hence the reason for no power.

Mike BTfix

info@btfix.co.uk