cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voyager 220V - more than 1 PC

robguil

Already using BT Biz Broadband with an Intel Anypoint ADSL connection.

I need to connect 2 PCs to the BBand conenction - I have bought a Voyager 220V ADSL Router - will this work - if so how as it only seems to have one connection?  

Im confused - the blurb when I bought it said it could connect 2 x PCs - but unless you can connect one as ethernet and one as USB (is that right??) I can't see how you get 2 x PCs connected to it.

Thanks ... BTW, I'm not interested in use the VOIP side of the Voyager.

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

steph
Grand Master

Hi Rob,

Im confused - the blurb when I bought it said it could connect 2 x PCs - but unless you can connect one as ethernet and one as USB (is that right??) I can't see how you get 2 x PCs connected to it.

Yes you are right, the Voyager 220V can connect to two PCs, one via the Ethernet and the other one via the USB port.

(Taken from the BT Voyager 220V welcome pack):

"To connect to a second computer, insert the CD-ROM into the additional computer and, when prompted, choose the option for connecting to a second PC.

To change the way you have connected your computer to the router, e.g. from USB to Ethernet, simply disconnect the BT Voyager 220V from your computer, run the installation CD-ROM and select the preferred type when prompted. The CD-ROM will not affect any existing configurations, e.g. stored emails on your computer".

Kind regards,

Stephanie

BT Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

steph
Grand Master

Hi Rob,

Yes you are right, the Voyager 220V can connect to two PCs, one via the Ethernet and the other one via the USB port.

(Taken from the BT Voyager 220V welcome pack):

"To connect to a second computer, insert the CD-ROM into the additional computer and, when prompted, choose the option for connecting to a second PC.

To change the way you have connected your computer to the router, e.g. from USB to Ethernet, simply disconnect the BT Voyager 220V from your computer, run the installation CD-ROM and select the preferred type when prompted. The CD-ROM will not affect any existing configurations, e.g. stored emails on your computer".

Kind regards,

Stephanie

BT Forum Moderator

robguil

Thanks for the response - it does work! 

What was confusing was that it described the ports on the back as "Ethernet" and "alternative USB connection" - to me that means Ethernet OR USB not both  .... clearly the manual writer was the usual Chinese man wearing boxing gloves to type with Smiley Very Happy

Whatever, it works and has solved the problem.

Rob

steph
Grand Master

That's great to hear Smiley Happy thanks for letting me know!

Feel free to post again if you need any more info/help etc.

Steph

BT Forum Moderator