cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT2700HGV - how to reset IP/DHCP Local Devices cache?

jonsg

I need to change some firewall rules on my BT2700HGV BT Business Hub, and allow a port through to a particular machine.  Let's call it "fred". However, this machine has gone through a number of hardware revisions (and hence Ethernet port MAC addresses), although its name has remained constant.  It is a server, and uses static IP, and runs Linux.  It is connected to the hub (as is every other device) through a 3Com SuperStack 24 port superswitch.

The hub's details as as follows:

Model: BT2700HGV

Serial Number: [...]

Hardware Version: 2701-100589-005

Software Version: 5.29.117.6

Key Code: [...]

Enhanced Services:

Internet Access Control
       Content Screening
       Firewall Monitor

In the dim and distant past, "fred" used to appear in the  Local Devices list in the Local Network summary. Now, however, it does not, although "fred" has no problem communicating through the hub.

If I want to set a firewall rule to forward a port to it, "fred" appears in the firewall's drop-down list of machines, but a subsequent check of the firewall summary shows that the name "fred" is in fact associated with one of the dynamic IP addresses.

Clearly, the hub is confused.  What I want to be able to do is to get it to flush its Local Devices cache, and rebuild the list from currently connected devices.  I can't find an option to do that.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks,

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

alastair
Grand Guru

go to 192.168.1.254/mdc

go to troubleshooting > resets    theres a clear local network button there. new entries can take seconds to hours to populate

=~~= All Glory to the Hypnotoad! =~~=

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

alastair
Grand Guru

go to 192.168.1.254/mdc

go to troubleshooting > resets    theres a clear local network button there. new entries can take seconds to hours to populate

=~~= All Glory to the Hypnotoad! =~~=

jonsg

Thank you very much, Alastair, that's nailed it.  Local Devices cache now flushed, it's repopulating, and I've been able to set up the firewall rules I'd needed.

Couldn't have asked for more.

Jon