cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will we get Fibre Broadband

DJCE

I have asked this everytime I renew my contract with BT, they always tell me on the phone that it will be next year, thats been going on for the past three years.

According to your Map, you are still exploring the best way to bring it to us...we have been told by different engineers (that are here virtually every day in the cabinet fixing it) that the fibre is not too far away from us in the next village, so we don't understand why this cannot be extended to us? (approx 3km away)

We are in Furneux Pelham, Hertfordshire SG9 and also have problems with Mobile Phone signals...none reach us.

This Fibre would allow us to apply for a village signal booster to enable mobile signals but they require a minimum of a 4mb connection...at best we get 0.6mb, yes that is correct 0.6mb on a good day.

We constantly get, on average, three resets per day because it keeps going down...

We also have a CFR (Community First Responder) group that are struggling because of this.

We have several businesses that run from their homes.

With a population of 500+ I am sure the take up would be huge.

Can somebody please tell us when we might get connected with fibre...a lot of us are moving out the village because our businesses are suffering...

Regards

Cliff

1 REPLY 1

ernestpower

There is Fibre broadband in the village and we are no more than200 yards from the telephone exchange and I cannot get an answer when I can get Fibre although I have BTBroadband for the past 7 years.   When ????