cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't BT learn how to communicate with their customers?

Sheppy

Bear with me this is a long episode of poor communication and or incompetence.

On Feb 12 th I ordered FTTP, I was informed it could take 10-15 days and a survey was needed to check on the install, given a install visit date of March 5th. The first survey took place " oh dear this isn't straight forward as there are overhead power lines close by" said the rather grumpy OP operative. Install date moved to March 20th. Date missed - new survey took place- " ah we need to bring the fibre underground to avoid the power lines, OP operative took photos measured distances, leave it with me" 

On the 9th of April recieved letter to say install will be 9th April (have to say this was one of 14 letters 12 of which said the same thing!), contaced BT via chat to say I would not be at premises and anyway the ducting work hadn't taken place. Live chat said the letter was an error and I would get update on the 21st april. Had phone call from call centre on 21st asking if I had cancelled the order! NO I am still waiting, call centre then said Open Reach had rejected the order, at this point patience is wearing thin so rang UK based call centre who confirmed order still stood, Openreach had not rejected the order. An email confirmed a new install date of May 5th (one of 18 e-mails!).

I had informed each BT person that I needed 24 hrs notice of the underground work as the premises would be locked.

Yesterday (luckily I was at the premises) and an Openreach enginneer arrived to carry out the outside work, I asked if he had a shovel! He had no knowledge of the survey or what was needed, made a few calls and confirmed he couldn't do anything and another survey would be needed, I informed him it had been done (photos and all). Rang call centre to ask what was going on- operative couldn't contact OpenReach (25 minute call) and promised to update me today- surprise surprise NOTHING!.

Meanwhile e-mail arrives with new install date of 15.05.2015 today. Do I believe it NOT REALLY. Now I understand that the outside works are required and am content to wait if I could be sure that these have been actioned but I have no confidence in BT or OpenReach to run an efficient operation. Meanwhile I will struggle with running a business with a ASDL speed of 0.7mb. 

If anyone who reads this can help it would be much appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0