cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Mail back to OWA

blove
Hi

I bought a new pc about 6 months ago and although still using my BT connect email account I "migrated" to Windows Mail via Windows Vista.  This basically meant I could no longer into OWA as provided via my BT account.  I now want go back to using OWA as it gives me more flexibility and is not "tied" to my pc especially if I want to access my email remotely e.g. from an Internet Cafe or similar.  Advice please on how to do this????

kind regards

Brian  
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

a-hill
Grand Master
All email goes to your OWA 1st regardless, when you log into your WIndows Mail, that then connects to the BT mail server and downloads them off of there, which removes it from OWA. You could have the best of both worlds by simply telling Windows Mail to leave a copy of the mail on the mailserver... that way you'll download it to your PC, but still be able to access them via OWA as well. Go to Tools> Accounts> Highlight your mail account and select Properties. Go to the Advanced tab and at the bottom will be the option Leave a copy of the message on the server.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

a-hill
Grand Master
All email goes to your OWA 1st regardless, when you log into your WIndows Mail, that then connects to the BT mail server and downloads them off of there, which removes it from OWA. You could have the best of both worlds by simply telling Windows Mail to leave a copy of the mail on the mailserver... that way you'll download it to your PC, but still be able to access them via OWA as well. Go to Tools> Accounts> Highlight your mail account and select Properties. Go to the Advanced tab and at the bottom will be the option Leave a copy of the message on the server.