cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain names and email

Erkan
Hopefully someone out there can help!

I have already purchased (not from BT) two domain names for example: mybusiness.co.uk and mybusiness.com

I have subsequently registered a free domain name form BT as part of my 'package' which is mybusiness.org.uk

I understand that i can now set up alias emails ending in @mybusiness.org.uk (because I have set this domain up with BT) that I can link to my email ....me@btconnect.com

but can I also set up emails ending in @mybusiness.com or @mybusiness.co.uk (which domains I own) and link them to my me@btconnect.com?

I started reading stuff about transfering domains but go a bit confused when I read about IPS tag to BTNAMES and the 'Autinfocode'  and then realised it would cost £11.75 for a co.uk transfer and £23.50 for a .com tranfer

I suppose what I am asking is what benefit will I have from transfering doman names to BT and will this effect my other websites that I have already paid to have been set up privately??

In hope of a Helpful reply that I understand.......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

chris
Master User
As you have a Web Hosting package from BT Business you are entitled to a service called "Mail Only", this is where you redirect your external domains MX record to the BT Business Mail Server and it will then allow email aliases to be created just as you do for your .og.uk domain; this will not effect your web hosting.

Call the Technical Helpdesk to arrange for this to be setup if required.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

chris
Master User
As you have a Web Hosting package from BT Business you are entitled to a service called "Mail Only", this is where you redirect your external domains MX record to the BT Business Mail Server and it will then allow email aliases to be created just as you do for your .og.uk domain; this will not effect your web hosting.

Call the Technical Helpdesk to arrange for this to be setup if required.

Erkan
Thanks for the speedy response. I will give them a call