cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Profile

LippusTrotus
Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if this query has been raised before. 

I'm using a 2wire gateway hub to connect 2 pcs and 2 lappies to my bt hub.  When I loaded the software on to the 1 pcs and 1 lappy, I got a message that said a Wireless Profile could not be created.  this means that everytime I power down the lappies or the pc I lose the link to the hub and can only get it back by reinstalling the software.

BT online chat took me through starting the Wireless Zero Configuration service, but I can't seem to keep the service started, as it reverts to stop after a few moments. Reloading the software put the WZC into 'stopping' mode, which then changes to stop when I power down the unit.

Has anyone else had this problem.  I've just switched from BT home Broadband and didn't have any of these problem with that. 

Strangely enough, the only lappy that didn't have this problem runs on XP home as opposed to Professional as the others do.  

With thanks

A
1 REPLY 1

marc
Power User
If wireless zero keeps turning itself off it might be because of software conflict with some other wireless software.

If your wireless card came with any other software try disabling this or switching it to allow windows to manage the connection.

You mention home broadband, chances are there's a bit of software running on your computer from there that is trying to manage the wireless connections.  Press Ctrl-Shift-Esc (providing it's XP) and scan through processes in the task manager for one called "WirelessDaemon.exe".  If it exists, end the process then do a search for WirelessDaemon.exe and delete the program file. (the daemon is designed to make it easy to set up the wireless connection but if you switch hubs it can complicate the process, so best to remove it)

Good luck!