cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong domain name

Christhun

I was away when the migration happened so BT have selected my 'mailbox' name for me.  Problem is they have used the wrong domain name.  It is also a domain name I plan to drop in the near future.  How can you change the 'mailbox' name?  This is also the 'user name' that is used to log on to web mail via 365.

I am guessing that you can't use the '@btconnect' suffix now?

I have tried to set up a new 'mailbox' with the correct domain user but then it tells me that that user already exists, although it doesnt exists as a mailbox name but as an aliase.  Help anyone?

3 REPLIES 3

Christhun

OH.... and it is on my primary account!

adrianc
Master User

You need to contact support for this - they can fix it for you.

Adrian

Christhun

Apparently it is because the name exists as an alias.  So I have to delete it as an alias and then set it up as a 'mailbox''   Which means, as it is the email that the outside people use, any emails that are sent to that address will bounce until the mailbox is set up, which can take up to two days! Then I have to attempt to 'forward' the email from the original BT account to the new mailbox.  I have had two opinions on whether the mailbox I set up can be assigned aliases, one yes, one no.  So we will see.