cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bt access manager (mobile) problem with vista 64

daveh6045

operating system - vista ultimate 64 bit with AGV running

usb stick - huawei e170 , bt access manager ver 1.9.81.0

bt access manager - "a fatal error occured the client cannot continue error 12011 please contact your support desk for help with this error"

windows message - "bt common client service wrapper DLL stopped working and was closed"

bt support dont appear to have a list of error messages

Is there anybody out there using VISTA 64  with a mobile stick ?

3 REPLIES 3

Humpy
Hi I am sure you have probably either given up or have this answer already but i have been told that Access Manager is only supported on the 32 bit version of Vista, I can not find this anywhere online but it is indicated on page 7 of the booklet that comes with the E170, where it says Vista(32 bit). Hope this helps

Naishy
Power User

I'm not sure on the official line of support of BT Access Manager on 64-bit OS's, but I suspect you won't be able to obtain support from the helpdesk.

However, BT Access Manager and the E170 does install and run on both Windows XP 64-bit and Windows Vista 64-bit editions. Some of the drivers supplied as part of the install to support other 3G devices are not 64-bit compatible, so this is why the booklet only lists Vista(32-bit) support.

Let me know if you encounter any issues with 64-bit OS's.

Tim

Naishy
Power User

The latest version of BT Access Manager (1.9.91.0) supports Windows 7 and Windows Vista/XP 64-bit Editions, and can be downloaded from here.

Tim