cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection Dropping

jaipo

Regraded to ADSL2+ at end of July was initially getting 13.5Mb down then it started dropping after a few days, every 10-20 minutes, called and line tests indicated high number of faults on line. Moved Router from extension to master socket and into test socket, no faults. Left it there and speed went up to 15.5-16.5 Mb very stable. Last friday line speed jumped to 18.5Mb down but SNR Margin was at 0.1db line started dropping and reconnecting. Logged call online on Sunday, that night line went to 10Mb SNR Margin 13.5 and has stayed there no drops. Havent had any activity on the logged fault I thought I might hear something?

2 REPLIES 2

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

If you didn't have a specific callback booked then the case would remain open for about three days or so, and if there were problems then you would call back in.

Should a callback have been booked then you would have been told roughly when it would be, but I don't know if they'd have done this for sure if everything seemed to be working.

I suppose it depends on whether they were booking it for 72 hours or 10 days later, although the latter should be a lot less likely.

Dave

jaipo

ok, I think I'll phone, connection is stable now at 10Mb but it was stable at 15.5Mb so would rather have that.

thanks

John