cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-saver account wrong - how do I correct it?

happystaffie

Hi,

Our charity Happy Staffie Rescue recently signed up to an e-saver broadband and telephone package.

Yesterday our first bill was available to view, which as their accounts manager I duly did. Only our business name is nowhere on the bill, instead our account name is some bizarre mixture of the name of one of our trustees and an employee. Example:

Should be: Happy Staffie Rescue

Bill says: JANE MR MARK ********C/O JANE G*******

I spent 3 hours, 6 phone calls (3 of which I was disconnected from) and spoke to more ten people and could not get the problem resolved.

Many people told me to go online but there is nowhere that i can find to correct a business name that is wrong. And, more to the point this is an error BT caused because nowhere would we have written the above as our business name. I was given the 0800 800 152 and 0330 123 0120 numbers numerous times but ultimately I kept getting put through to wrong people.

I cannot accept the bill as it is because it is not in the name of the charity.

Any ideas? Any one? PleaseSmiley Mad

8 REPLIES 8

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I am sorry you are having problems trying to change your Business Name on your online Bill.

The ESaver package is an online package, which keeps the cost of the package so low. When signing up you would agree to self manage online for all order tracking, faults, billing and other enquires. There is information in the help and support that explains - What is eSaver and how do I contact BT Business as an eSaver customer?

Unfortunately at present you cannot update the billing address and name at present online, as outlined in the help and support files - How do I change my billing address. This help file supplied a link to thelivechat where you would select either Business billing for your line and Broadband billing for your broadband.

You can update your profile and account information online, there are help and support files for Using your Account.

If you would like to talk to someone, please use the livechat for the Business Department you require.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

happystaffie

Hello Fiona,

Thank you for your reply.

I trust from what you wrote that I can use the livechat feature tomorrow, 'speak' to someone who will be able to correct the error?

I should point out that I sent an e-mail on Tuesday and received a reply today that differed from your advice. Unfortunately they advised me to telephone 0800-800-152 as they are "the only department authorised to amend the business name."

However I will follow your advice and attempt this by livechat.

Thank you

Jonathan

happystaffie

On Friday I used the LiveChat to speak to Neville who was very helpful and agreed to make the changes in business name to what it should be.

I was advised that it would update overnight for me to view a corrected bill in the name of the business.

Two days later it is still the original bill - I assume it must be a working day thing so I will try again tomorrow. Meanwhile I have had a reminder to pay the bill (sent on a non-working day) which I will not until the bill is made out in the name of our business.

I am also concerned as to what the 'personal' section online actually means. The details remain for the individual who was the 'contact' for the engineer to put in the line because he is the manager of the shop the line went in, but he is not the business, only an employee thereof.

I hope that this is corrected tomorrow so that I can pay the bill otherwise this will keep dragging on.

(Not-so) HappyStaffie

happystaffie

Still the bill is not corrected.

LiveChat number 2. Spoke Sandra.

This time told it isn't business name or account name that is wrong but installation name?

Why would you have so many names? Why would you bill someone by an installation name and not the account name or business name? And why are they not all the same?

So I am directed to the phone again - to ring 0330 123 0102 and request a change of installation name.

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I really am sorry you are experiencing issues with this, please can you private mail me your account details and explain what information you need changed.

Kind Regards

Fiona

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

happystaffie

Thank you Fiona. I have sent an e-mail as requested.

Jonathan

happystaffie

Still no resolution. The broadband bill has been 'paid' even though I haven't paid it. A second broadband bill has appeared for £0.

To cap that, a BT phone bill was created 20/10 but only viewable online on 3/11/10 is also not in our name - problem is you have taken almost £190 from the charitys bank account by direct-debt before I could check the bill and see it was not in our name.

I am not willing to waste anymore time on the telephone numbers, LiveChat or e-mails. I have been given an address to write a complaint to - which will probably be the wrong address. I will give BT eight weeks to respond and address these mistakes as per the instructions of the regulator.

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I am really sorry this is not resolved yet. I have sent you an email to get some further information and we can look into this for you.

Kind Regards

Fiona