cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eShop - XML Site Map

graemewilliams
Super User

Has anybody been able to submit their XML Site Map to Google? I managed to verify my domain with Google Webmaster Tools a while back using the "Advanced Settings" feature under the "General Settings" page.

Now I want to upload the XML Site Map to Google but there is some instruction saying "you must add the link below to your Goole Webmaster Tools account". The link is available but I've no idea where to add it on my Webmaster Tools account.

Typically, the BT online help pages do not provide any help or mention of this feature.

Thanks in advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------
www.rikkismusic.com
www.epagesdesign.wordpress.com - Tutorials, Tips & Ideas on ePages Ecommerce software.
9 REPLIES 9

orchie
Grand Master
In your webmaster tools go click on your website on the main page > then site configuration > then sitemaps > click the "submit a sitemap" button and paste it there.

graemewilliams
Super User
Cheers Orchie. I just did that and it worked a treat......
--------------------------------------------------------------
www.rikkismusic.com
www.epagesdesign.wordpress.com - Tutorials, Tips & Ideas on ePages Ecommerce software.

Bertie
Power User

I am struggling to find a XML Site Map on our site. The Site Map we have appears to be in html. Can anyone help?

Regards

eShopTeam
Master User

Hello,

The Google XML site map can be found in the back office,

Marketing -> Google registration -> XML-Sitemap

Kind Regards,

The eShop Team

ezpmppdu

I have followed these instructions and its not working for me;Smiley Sad

I copy and pasted the link from eshop into the webmaster area as instructed.

Google gives the General HTTP error: 404 not found implying the file is not there.

I even copy and pasted the link into a browser

http://www.ezpmppdu.com/epages/BT3262.sf/?ViewAction=ViewSitemap&ChangeAction=BlockMonitor&ObjectID=6544894

and made sure the XML page came up.

Any idea why a page which can be sween ibn a browser is not seen by google?

orchie
Grand Master

Make sure you drop everything before the /epages/ and it should work, you should see the following in Webmaster tools:

Capture copy.jpg

So Paste "epages/BT3262.sf/?ViewAction=ViewSitemap&ChangeAction=BlockMonitor&ObjectID=6544894" leaving out the http://www.ezpmppdu.com/ as it is already populated by Google and all should work.

Message Edited by orchie on 20-10-2009 05:38 PM

ezpmppdu

Still no luck I am afraid. I tried it a few ways but none of them worked, including what we talked about.

epages/BT3262.sf/?ViewAction=ViewSitemap&ChangeAction=BlockMonitor&ObjectID=6544894wmt.common.displa...Errors -- Oct 21, 2009

I wonder why the 'filename' in this link is so complicated. Why is it not just 'sitemap.xml' ? Does a file really exist somewhere?

Anyway that is what I will try next. I will copy the xml data into a file, call it 'sitemap.xml' and load the file up onto the front page.

Do you know how to import files  into the front page of eshop? I dont see details of how to do this in ePages. Do I need to use the FTP functionality instead?

ezpmppdu

OK, its working now.

1. Generated a 'sitemap.xml' file from one of the online utilities

2. Loaded it into eshop using ADD ELEMENT, TEXTBOX and using file manager to upload the .xml file

3. Found the URL of the element by visiting the website and clicking on the link

.....WebRoot/BT/Shops/BT3262/MediaGallery/sitemap.xml

4. Put that URL into the google webmaster field.

A bit of a 'workaround' but it works.

eShopTeam
Master User

To use the Google sitemap XML feature, please follow these steps:

1. Make sure, your shop is set up with its own domain name, i.e. the shop is accessible using the domain URL (www.mydomain.co.uk). This will automatically forward the visitor to the shop URL www.mydomain.co.uk/epages/BT1234.sf. If this is not the case with your shop, please contact the BT helpdesk.

2. Got to "Marketing -> Google registration -> XML site map" and click the "Submit XML site map" button to initially create the sitemap and have it stored on the shop server.

3. Copy the XML sitemap URL from the shop administration into your Google web master account. Make sure to copy the URL correct, i.e. drop your domain name, if it is already stated (as in Orchie's post). The URL should look like this: http://www.mydomain.co.uk/epages/BT1234.sf/?ViewAction=ViewSitemap&ChangeAction=BlockMonitor&ObjectID=1234567

Don't extend the URL, otherwise it won't work.

Sincerely,

The eShop Team