cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email sending failure from point of sale system

sheffscouts

We operate a POS system which has a facility to send emails. we have a number of btconnect accounts within our organisation and 2 of the mail addresses work OK but another fails to send messages and returns an smtp failure and the code 49. Has anyone any thoughts as to how I solve the problem

4 REPLIES 4

markp
Grand Guru

Hi sheffscouts,

all @btconnect.com email addresses use the same server settings so it is strange that 2 work and a 3rd doesn't double check you are using the correct settings these are as follows:

Incoming server:
outlook.office365.com
port :995
Encryption method: SSL

outgoing server:
smtp.office365.com
Port: 587
Encryption method: TLS or SSL depending on program
enble outgoing authentication and authenticat with the same settings as incoming server

I hope this helps

Markp

sheffscouts

Mark,

Thank you. The POS system does not allow me to enter individual settings! I have been told that the btconnect isp needs some verification to confirm the email address is valid. It should be as it is one of the group within our allowed number of addresses! 

Alan

tattiemuncher

Hi sheffscouts,

What is the email address you have configured on your POS?

If it's a @btconnect.com email address then your POS's outgoing settings need to be configured as advised by markkp. The outgoing authenticaion needs to be the exact email address & passoword for the account you have set on the POS.

sheffscouts

Thank you for your reply. The email address is a @btconnect.com as are the 2 that work! I have not needed to input any password or settings for the 2 that work which is why I am confused.We managed to send out a 100 or so accounts on Friday using the working addresses and I will be trying all combinations tomorrow to get the other working.