cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple lines and single number

fieldda

Hello I have 2 PSTN phone lines with a handset on each. We have 1 main number we advertise. is it possible to have them joined so that if the main line is busy it will roll over to the second? In Australia we had a feature called a rotary group which gave this affect.  It was also used in the old days of internet dialup.

I can't seem to find a UK BT equivalent on the website.  Can anyone advise how I can achieve the same result or the BT name for it?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

TheOtherOne
Super User
Hi there,

Think what you need is a Featureline, have a look at http://www.bt.com/featureline. If you click on the enquiry link you can request a call-back from them.

TheOtherOne
"He was standing, gazing northwards into the darkness, thoughtful and silent as a young tree in a windless night"

sam_butler
I have a rotary group. You may well benefit from a Featureline but we only use the two phones for incoming calls so it works fine. Until this weekend when we install a 6x16 phone system and I have no idea how those lines are going to work. Actually, any ideas? We have two individual PSTN lines and the two incoming-only on a rotary group (so when two people call in at the same time, they don't hit an engaged tone). I don't have an Analogue Terminal Adapter so I will have to keep one line separate for the credit card machine, but I'm not sure what I'll have to ask BT to do with those three lines due to the odd configuration. Help appreciated.

TheOtherOne
Super User

@sam_butler wrote:
I have a rotary group.

Is that the same as a hunt group?

TheOtherOne

"He was standing, gazing northwards into the darkness, thoughtful and silent as a young tree in a windless night"

mary2017

hello

To get multiple lines on unique smartphone, you can try to use Swumber app to get virtual phone number.

You will be able to manage multiple phone numbers for incomling and outgoing calls/sms.