cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

online backup

michael_d

hi

just upgraded to a fusion package which contains the secure online backup facility. Where is this and how do I access it?

thanks

10 REPLIES 10

JohnE
Guru

BT Fusion usually refers to a BT mobile/VOIP package which is no longer available.  As for secure backup, are you referring to this?:

BT PC Backup

michael_d

Hi JohnE

I assume that I am, except for the need to pay for it!

he package I purchased is as follows if it identifies  a different product.

I cannot find  the access to it.

regards

Michael

* Unlimited WiFi minutes a month to use in any BT Openzone/ BT Fon network.Dear Customer,
Please find below information regarding our BT Infinity Bundle 2 package:
Infinity Bundle 2:
The package that is £28.00 a month and includes the Unlimited Anytime Plan on your line.
The broadband package will consist of:
* Up to 40Mb download speeds
* Unlimited usage per month
* FREE top of the range BT Wireless Home Hub 3.0, which normally retails at £91.90
* 11 FREE BT Internet email addresses
* FREE 5GB secure online storage with BT Digital Vault
* FREE 24/7 customer support
* FREE Advanced Security Package: BT Netprotect plus by McAfee which normally retails at £39.99

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Michael_d,

Loooking at the package details you have posted,this is a residential broadband package not a business one.  You will need to contac the residential helpdesk, or look for help on the residential  forum.

Regards

Markp

michael_d

hi
Yes, there was some confusion amongst BT as to whether I was a business customer, and had been so for a long time! Because it was a business account on a residential line (i think that was what confused everybody). 
But there should be no confusion amongst BT as to which it was. I continually emphasised the online storage facility and was continually told that the deal was the same as I had been given  when BT staff were confused about which package type it was (re the email details I posted). 
It was included in the package I purchased!

JohnE
Guru

This refers to a Residential Infinity package:

* Unlimited WiFi minutes a month to use in any BT Openzone/ BT Fon network.Dear Customer, Please find below information regarding our BT Infinity Bundle 2 package: Infinity Bundle 2: The package that is £28.00 a month and includes the Unlimited Anytime Plan on your line. The broadband package will consist of:

* Up to 40Mb download speeds * Unlimited usage per month

* FREE top of the range BT Wireless Home Hub 3.0, which normally retails at £91.90

* 11 FREE BT Internet email addresses

* FREE 5GB secure online storage with BT Digital Vault

* FREE 24/7 customer support

* FREE Advanced Security Package: BT Netprotect plus by McAfee which normally retails at £39.99

Here is the Business Infinty Product page: BT Infinity for Business  If you have a Residential Infinty package and need help with some of the added extras, please Contact Us

michael_d

sorry. People are missing the point! The package was what we ordered. The order was accepted. We then got messed around for a few weeks with nothing happening with the upgrade. I was then told that the business team needed to install the package and that the details of the order was identical!!!! The BT team presumably did not realise that the spec would be different. That was no problem but no one told me that I would lose part of the spec that was ordered!!!

And just to rub salt in the wound, the payment amount was identical between residential and business.  So I lost a package option and still paid the same price! I would have chosen the residential team for the upgrade if someone had told me what would happen.

jamesmartin86

I've used several and have been very happy with MYPCBackup. I think once you try them, you'll agree that nobody else can touch them in terms of quality, customer service and security.

Sogo7
Grand Master

Had similiar problem myself with a business broadband package on a residential line, residential support is apparently not permitted to access business accounts and vice-versa and was not until billing was dragged into the loop to confirm what was being paid for did somebody clear the mess up.

Lovelogic.net UK Jobs Scanner

martin86
Master User

hi

just upgraded to a fusion package which contains the secure online backup facility. Where is this and how do I access it?

thanks