cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

testing out 2 domains on 1 hosting

GloriaF

To follow on from my previous question....................

I have added a subdomain to my site ie www.whispernursery.co.uk/sashasecrets and have copied my test pages to this directory.

I have then tried to redirect my www.sashasecrets.co.uk to this address but I get error message

"You are trying to set a www record, when one already exists for this domain. This can cause issues with the domain resolving properly. None of the changes just submitted have been saved. If you need to change a www record please use Advanced Domain Manager."

I have tried URL and FRAME but would prefer the FRAME method.  The top boxes in the Advanced section are greyed out so I cannot change them. the Frame details i added are:

FRAME      @      http://www.whispernursery.co.uk/sashasecrets

I just seem to get my head around this Smiley Sad

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

touman
Super User

Hi Gloria,

I have made the relevant changes to allow www.sashasecrets.co.uk to forward to - www.whispernursery.co.uk/sashasecrets.

Now when you type either www.sashasecrets.co.uk or sashasecrets.co.uk into the address bar of a web browser you will be forwarded correctly. (Please note, these changes can take up to 24 hours to fully process through every server).

The top boxes in the Advanced section were greyed out as they contained our default server address of 209.235.144.9.  We lock this to ensure sites using the standard setup are not taken down accidentaly.

Your issue should now be resolved.

Please let me know if I can help any further.

Thanks

GloriaF

Thank you so much for sorting this out for me.  I will give it a few hours and then test it out.  I am truly amazed at how efficient you all are Smiley Happy

regards Gloria