cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calls to unknown numbers and getting large bill from BT

arikat73

Last year we received our quarterly bill. It was for over £15000. I immediately had an engineer come out and investigate where this line terminated. I did not terminate into our premises. I had the line ceased. I reviewed the bill and it turns out that for 3 months the line was being used to make calls 24 hours a day at 60p per minute. The calls range from 1sec to just over a minute. BT are claiming the calls were made, but they were not. They are in the process of a county court judgement against us for not paying. BT have not provided any evidence except a phone bill. BT refuse to discuss the issue and we have reached out the CEO.

9 REPLIES 9

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

If you privately message me I can take your BT Business account details and look into this for you.

Thank you,

Adam

Hello Adam,

Many thanks for replying. This issue has become very serious and BT are threatening us with a CCJ ( county court judgement). Our account manager and their manager refuse to understand that the calls made are not possible from if no device was attached to the line. The number was 0161 819 5630. 

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

If you can directly message me I can take your account details privately and we can check your account.

Thank you,

Adam

arikat73

Hello Adam,

Many thanks for your help. Do you have an email as I want to send all the attachments that pertain to the issue. We sent it to the BT CEO but it all bounced back. 

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi, 

With the complaint reopened it will be assigned to a team member. Once assigned they will contact you and request all the email be sent in which they will attach to the case. 

Thank you, 

Adam

Hello Adam,

Is there any update on the issue?

Has the correct team been able to look at this as it is urgent that it gets looked into.

Our account rep has not given any updates nor do they seem bothered with the issue.

Regards

Ahmed 

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Ahmed, 

The complaint has been reopened already and awaits allocation to a team member. It will be assigned as soon as possible and I am sorry for the delay.

Thank you

Adam

Hello,

I received a call from BT yesterday and they have informed me that this has been picked up. The person also told me they would send an email to me with their details and they will review the issue. I have not received any email. 

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

Stuart from the BT Business Chairman's Office now has the complaint.

He will email you on his return to work once he has reviewed the complaint.

Thank you

Adam