cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business broadband

philip

I am a BT business broadband customer at my whits end.  I am trying to run a small home-based business, largely reliant on the internet.  Since registering with BT in 2009 we have experinced terrible service at all levels.  The most frustrating of which is the unreliable broadband with pathetically slow download speeds (about 2.5 Mb/s.)  This is simply not fit for purpose. I have made endless calls to the technical help team and always get the same old answer - 'you are very near to the exchange so should be getting arounf 14Mb/s'.  We have never achieved anything like this.  Whenever I call the technical team we always go through the same opld routine of checks, unplugging devices, taking the face plate off the wall socket etc, etc, but ther is never a solution. I have had all of my system checked by telecoms engineers, and have invested in an expensive Draytek router.  It seems that the problem lies with BT, but nobody there appears to be prepared to do anything about it. 

Can anybody suggest what to do - presumably find another service provider!!! 

1 REPLY 1

nikkil
Power User

Hi. Sorry to hear that. "slow download speeds (about 2.5 Mb/s.)". It is possible that there may be losses in the lines. You can try talking to tier3 to further dig on this.