cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Hub 5 refuses to offer connected device in DMZ setting

pcollinson

I have a brand new Hub 5 - it's using one of my static IPs - and my Linux router/firewall/gateway is at the other end.

Packets flow. The Business network says 'Connected'.

When I do  Firewall -> DMZ

The dropdown doesn't include the name of the device - which I have renamed - it was 'Unknown-Mac-Address'. It only shows the name of a laptop which is no longer connected.

BT Online help suggested that I needed to make my router end be driven by DHCP from the hub, rather than hard coding the IP address into the Linux box. Doing this made no difference.

BT Online help suggested that I made a firewall rule which allows all ports through (the Linux router has a firewall) which works but is a bodge and a workaround.

They had no further suggestions. No complaints about the guy who helped me.

BUT I want to put this device into the DMZ.

The DMZ page says:

Only one device, with either a static or a DHCP address, can be placed into the DMZ. The Hub will give it a private IP address and forward all appropriate traffic to this device.

Note 'a static' - so this really ought to work.

Can anyone assist with what magic runes are needed to make the DMZ page pick up the connection and offer it to me for use as a DMZ?

2 REPLIES 2

pcollinson

As a PS - I've now removed the device from Multinat.. and tried many things.. but still cannot get the device to appear in the DMZ dropdown.

pcollinson

Answer came there none - and also none from the Complaints system either. I suspect that BT don't understand how the HH5 works and cannot fix it.

I am looking at a Draytek replacement.