cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capping File size

ggarland

I have just realised that even though I have unlimited BT Infinity, that the max file size that I can download at any one time is 2gb. Which is fine as I do not normally download anything bigger than than 1gb.The problem is that I have tried to download a map pack that cost me £10.99 from the Playstation network that is 2.3gb. after hours of searching on the internet for an answer to the reason why it would only allow me to download files of less than 2gb I have ascertained that the 2 wire router will not allow anything bigger.

Why was I not told this when the router was installed? 

This would have saved me a lot of time and money.

3 REPLIES 3

helpinghands
Power User

You are correct in that the Business hub 2701 has an issue at the moment of downloading anything larger than 2Gb. I have been told that an uprgade to the router's firmwaere is coming in the middle of July to resolve this problem.

ggarland

Thanks for that Helping hands. I will look out for the firmware update and post whether or not it resolves my issue.

In the meantime I have one of the new BT home hubs sitting around so I will install that as a temporary measure and see if that will allow me to download a bigger file. Although I doubt that it will if the business hub will not.

Sogo7
Grand Master

Thanks for the heads up.

Allthough we move most of our data around server to server we still do backups to local storage once in a while so knowing where this file size limit is set  we can split the database into chunks and save us us a lot of headaches!

In fairness most people don't shift that much data as one file and the restriction is probably in place to both help regulate the network traffic as whole, and hinder sharing of dvd ISO files as these are typically over 2gig in size.

Lovelogic.net UK Jobs Scanner