cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get to a human on BT support for FREE!

iamacup

I am posting this in the hopes that it gets to the top of Google, because at the moment, the results are not very good.

Call this number:

0330 123 4151

when it says ' what are you calling about ' - say ' changes to my account '

it will ask if you meant ' do you want to change your account ' - say yes

It will then ask for your phone number (which I never know in the first place - who knows their bloody land line number these days?) - if you ignore it completely, it will ask about 4 times before diverting you to a human.

BT's system is AWFUL! and the website is even worse (i had to call them to change billing details, even though this page: http://www.shop.bt.com/help/managing-your-account/how-can-i-add-or-change-a-payment-method-on-my-acc... says you can do it online (it contains dead links))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

markp
Grand Guru

Hi iamacup,

if you are needing techical help you can go to contact us it has links to technical Live Chat and the free phone number.

If you need help with Billing you can go to contact us it has links to billing's Live Chat and the free phone number.

Regards

Markp

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

spank
Grand Guru

Hit the # key (maybe twice) if it asks account info, instant bypass.

markp
Grand Guru

Hi iamacup,

if you are needing techical help you can go to contact us it has links to technical Live Chat and the free phone number.

If you need help with Billing you can go to contact us it has links to billing's Live Chat and the free phone number.

Regards

Markp