cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infinity Installation

MHC
Guru

Infinity is due here in the next few weeks and I will sign up as soon as I am able.  However, I would like to understand exactly what equipment BT will supply and where it will be installed.

Currently I have my master socket with filter - the telephony side is fed straight off and teh ADSL output linked direct to my 2700HGV less than a metre away.

The 2700 which provides the modem function, DHCP and one WAP is connected to a 24 port switch for distribution abround the premises including 3 additional WAPs (yes I need all four).

1.  Will the master socket remain the same?

2.  Will there be a new Modem to interface to the line?    And does it require a 230v supply?

3.  Is there a seperate router?   and what models are provided?

4.  What capabilities does the router have?    WAP?  DHCP?  

5.  Could I continue to use my 2700 HGV?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I have spoken to the fibre technical team and they have said that the Fibre hub does supply wireless and uses 802.11 B/G. It also supplies DHCP, but you will have access to go in and change the address ranges and also turn DHCP off.

I hope this helps

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

It may help to read over the BT Business Total Broadband Fibre. This area answers most of the commonly asked questions about this product, including Getting started with Broadband Fibre and also details on the broadband fibre hardware.

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Fiona

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

MHC
Guru

Thanks Fiona,

I did try a search before asking - but obviously missed those pages.

They answers most, but just a couple of small points remaining.

Nothing confirms that the Openreach fibre modem will require a 230v supply but a couple of comments infer that it is - so I shall plan accordingly.

Is there a spec on the capabilities of the BT supplied Hub?    Will it provide wireless and if so, to which standard?    I assume it contains a DHCP server and will I have full management access to the Hub to manage address ranges - my network here does not use the 192.168.xx.xx range and there are some hard coded devices.

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I have spoken to the fibre technical team and they have said that the Fibre hub does supply wireless and uses 802.11 B/G. It also supplies DHCP, but you will have access to go in and change the address ranges and also turn DHCP off.

I hope this helps

Fiona

MHC
Guru

Thanks again Fiona,  

That's what I need.  Once I get it installed - although looking today it may have slipped three months, I will be able to experiment to find the best solution