cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No speed increase after uprade from ADSL2+ to Infinity Premium

martindt

Had an ADSL2+ Upgrade to FTTC Infinity Premium (80/20 speed) which was installed on 7/4/15. BT, by mistake, gave me Infinity unlimited (40/10 speed) instead. This was upgraded to Premium (80/20 speed) today, 16/4/15.

IP Profile from day one (7/4/15) was 38.72 MBPS down and 10MBPS up. - Great, I thought!

However, the UP speed is only 0.86MBPS and the DOWN speed is 17.95 - i.e. no better than the ADSL2+ service before the upgrade.

I was told by BT that we cannot lodge a fault until the "10 day stabilisation period" has elapsed. - and because BT gave us the wrong product, the "10 day stabilisation period" restarted again after the Premium upgrade today (16/4/15).

So - I have had to wait 9 days so far, plus an additional 10 days starting today (Total 19 days) before I can raise a fault to tell BT that I probably I have a "stuck DLM profile" based on the ADSL2+ service that I had before the upgrade. Do BT not think to reset the DLM profile after a major change?

Oh - and of course I am also paying for the FTTC Infinity service which I am not getting yet.

A disappointed customer.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

martindt

Sorry BT - I take it all back and am eating humble pie as I write this! I had forgotten to adjust the banwidth settings for the WAN 2 port of our Draytek router after the upgrade from ADSL2+ to FTTC - DOH. Trust me to miss the obvious!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

martindt

Sorry BT - I take it all back and am eating humble pie as I write this! I had forgotten to adjust the banwidth settings for the WAN 2 port of our Draytek router after the upgrade from ADSL2+ to FTTC - DOH. Trust me to miss the obvious!