cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminated line then reconnected a few days later results in speed increase.

Rizo

Hi everyone, 

A bit of history, Openreach split our EO line in May 2015 to add a PCP and FTTC Cab, I was the first customer @ 80/20 however over the last few years it has dropped down to 52/6 even swapping between BT and PN every 12/18months as you do. I changed from BT to PN last week and the sync speed dropped from 52/6 down to 30/4.

Terminated PN as soon as i seen this.

My Wholesale checker always used to say clean 40-52mbp down and 7-10mbp up with a minimum handback of 30mbp.

PN cleared my line within 5mins of my call.

Now fast forward 2 days later, I placed an order for a SOGEA BT Business Broadband with Assure and a VOIP Handset.

Now the order confirmatation email and the wholesale checker are now saying the below:

VDSL Range A (Clean) 

My Exchange is Cirencester and im on Cabinet 33.

Almost a 30mbp increase and a massive increase on upload and also the handback limit.

My line is currently dead.

It is due to go live on the 23rd July.

How is it possible to gain this speed just by having my line terminated and the reconnected?

Im just amazed ive had such rubbish upload speeds for years thats so say normal.

Im a network admin so undertsand the network side of things. What can change in the cabinet that would do this? Copper is still the same. Im around 300m from my cabinet.

0 REPLIES 0