cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone connection to BT Business Hub-796

MBev

Has anyone managed to resolve the iPhone issue with a BT Business Hub-796. It connects, but does not allow wi-fi. If I connect my old Netgear Router as an extension then it works, but the range is limited so I would rather connect direct to the Hub whenever possible. I have enter the wep key or as BT chooses to call it the Wi-Fi key and like I say it shows it as available and approved, but when you exit the wi-fi settings on the iPhone it reverts to 3G. Do I need to enter more settings into the DHCP settings or use the HTTP Proxy settings if so what are they?

Please don't suggest that I need to speak to O2 as the I am not trying to connect to an O2 service. They may have supplied the hardware that I wish to connect, but the same hardware connects to my old router without issue and even connects ironically to my neighbours unprotected BTOpenzone with no problems at all, but I would rather not as I don't see why they should have to share bandwidth never mind the legal implications and after all I am paying for the right to use my BT connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JohnE
Guru

If you are having difficulty with connecting any Apple device (computer, phone, iPad etc.) via wireless, it can frequently be due to the type of authentication the hub is set to use.

You should try changing the authentication method in the Business Hub to WPA, rather than WEP (the default).  Please see this:

How do I set up WPA or WPA2 encryption on my wireless network?

Alternatively, get in touch with the helpdesk for assistance with this: Contact Us

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JohnE
Guru

If you are having difficulty with connecting any Apple device (computer, phone, iPad etc.) via wireless, it can frequently be due to the type of authentication the hub is set to use.

You should try changing the authentication method in the Business Hub to WPA, rather than WEP (the default).  Please see this:

How do I set up WPA or WPA2 encryption on my wireless network?

Alternatively, get in touch with the helpdesk for assistance with this: Contact Us

MBev

Thanks for that. Had to work through a few screens and fiddle a little to enable the WPA2 as default and had to enter a new password, but got there in the end.