cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to reset router (Hub 3) every day

mattboyle36

Hi

when I boot my laptop it will not connect to the wifi.

This is fixed by rebooting my router (Hub 3) and rebooting my laption then it connects to the wifi with no issues.

I am running Vista with service pack 2.

I have tried ipconfig /release and /renew but this doesn't help.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

DSS

Yes - the Hub 3 is rubbish. Or at least the firmware is probably rubbish and there is way of manually updating to the latest version. You will find another thread where BT admitted is was rubbish and allowed and PAID for a customer to buy their own router.

I have been using the old 2701HGV-C and it locked up after months of good service so the Helpdesk suggested I upgrade to the latest Buiness Hub. BT would only agree to upgrading the router if agreed to extending my contract. So I got a Business Hub3 - they would not upgrade to the latest Hub 5 because a) I didn't have Fibre (and probably won't ever have because that would be tooo difficult for BT) and b) I wasn't prepared to pay and extra £80 .....

The Hub 3 arrived quickly was easily installed and that is the end of the good news - it kept locking up and I spent most days rebooting it. I complained and insisted on being put through to a supervisor. She seemed to be much more interested in telling me that although I regularly got 3Mb service that I should only be getting 1Mb and that is was what I should accept. After much tooing and froing she eventually agreed to send out a new Hub 3. i did have to tell her I woorked in computers for over 30 years and I had run a web design company for 15 years brefore she would beleive I might know what I was talking about.

AND guess what it kept locking up. I have put the old router back on and have got service again. I not really sure I can be bothered to spend another two hours of my valuable time talking to BT Unhelp desk

DSS

DSS

perhaps one of the Mods or Admin can get someone in Customer Services to phone me and either provide a working router with up to date firm ware or authorise me to pay for one that does work.