cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business not activated on date - stuck provisioning

mkempster22

My broadband was due to be activated yesterday and is stuck in "provisioning" when I check in the app for the order status.

I have my router and IP phone but have not been provided with a phone number or FP number to log a fault. I can't even call BT as they're closed for the bank holiday (for a business account SLA... really??)

I've noticed the PON light is off and my LOS light is red as well. Is there anything I can do besides waiting till after Easter to get my services?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mkempster22

Thanks to @SamG for helping to get an openreach engineer called out.

Firstly BT had the wrong serial number for my modem which was easily fixed on a call, but most importantly when my fibre had been installed in the cabinet it was in the wrong plot number and had also been crushed in the door and broken so the very helpful openreach engineer had to feed an entire new cable from the box to my house and then the issue was solved

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

kelper
Guru

Keep checking this page as a mod may help soon.  At least one mod is active today.

Openreach modem lights | LOS & PON | BT Business

Openreach optical network terminator PON light is off, LOS or optical light is red

Broadband isn't working. Check that your fibre cable is firmly plugged in and isn't damaged.

mkempster22

Thanks for the reply.

I saw the status lights page and I have tried replugging in all the cables + rebooting the open reach box first thing

kelper
Guru

I'm just sorry that no one from BT answered you and now you have to wait until Tuesday.  Can you get hold of a 4G modem?  Or use your mobile as a hot spot?

mkempster22

The 4G hybrid thing has pretty poor connection where I am which is fine as it wasn't a reason why I went with the package.

I'm very fortunate that I'm not currently fully moved into the address so I have internet elsewhere but it is holding things up. If I was stuck without internet I'd be a bit less happy 

SamG
Administrator
Administrator

Hi mkempster22. I'm sorry to hear about this. Would you be able to send me a private message? I'll need to take some account information and then I can look into this for you. 

mkempster22

Thanks to @SamG for helping to get an openreach engineer called out.

Firstly BT had the wrong serial number for my modem which was easily fixed on a call, but most importantly when my fibre had been installed in the cabinet it was in the wrong plot number and had also been crushed in the door and broken so the very helpful openreach engineer had to feed an entire new cable from the box to my house and then the issue was solved