cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS PTR amendment

NickSS

Hi, has anyone else had issues recently where BT customer support haven't a clue when you request a DNS PTR amendment? It used to be very straight forward to submit the on line request form but the form no longer seems to exist on the web site with links to it redirecting to the customer support page. So I tried an online chat, they ended up abruptly ending the session after telling me to go to the domain provider. Phone support have been even more clueless saying we need to browse to our router - they no longer seem to understand the difference between PTR and domain records. rDNS not DNS. Not sure where to go from here, anyone have any ideas? Until we can get the DNS PTR pointer set our customers email deliberately will be very poor. Never had this trouble before with BT.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi NickSS

I'm sorry the other teams weren't helpful, I will get this fed back. I'm glad to hear you have this sorted now. If you have any more issues, please let me know. 

^BethM

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi NickSS

You mention livechatting - did you do this through dnsforms.co.uk? 

^BethM

NickSS

Hi BethM,

Thanks for replying. No it was a live chat through the BT My Account portal.

I managed to log the request today by sending an email to dns.registration@bt.com who actioned it within minutes. I didn't have this address last week. It would have been helpful if customer services (chat and phone) had been able to advise us of this, it just seemed they didn't understand what a PTR or rDNS was. 

Many Thanks,

NickSS

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi NickSS

I'm sorry the other teams weren't helpful, I will get this fed back. I'm glad to hear you have this sorted now. If you have any more issues, please let me know. 

^BethM

Out of interest how would I go about changing ours? It is a single IP account, and we have a fixed IP address but technically not "static".

It isn't an issue right now as I'm currently happy that it resolves to a generic response.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi oboard

If you want a static IP, there is an additional cost. Our tech team can arrange this for you 24/7 on 0800 800 154. 

^BethM