Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequently asked questions - Broadband

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

How do I do wiring checks?

If you’re having trouble with your broadband, we recommend doing some simple wiring checks to find out what’s causing the issue. The checks differ slightly depending on what socket you have. Here’s a link to the guide for doing wiring checks for a Broadband issue.

How do I connect an Ethernet cable?

To connect up your device with an ethernet cable, you'll need to connect to an ethernet port on your router. Here's a link to a guide about connecting using Ethernet. 

How do I set up my Wi-Fi?

You’ll need your hub’s wireless network name and password to connect to it.  This should be on the back or bottom of the hub depending on the model. Here’s a link to connecting devices to your Smart Hub.

How do I set up my BT Business Hub?

Your hub will be ready to connect to the internet with a few quick set-up steps. Here’s a link for the guide for the BT Business Smart Hub and here’s one for the BT Business Smart Hub 2.

How do I change my appointment?

If you need to change your appointment, please do so as soon as you can. Here’s a link to the guide for changing your engineer appointment.

How do I set up my Hybrid Connect?

It’s important to ensure you have your Hybrid Connect set up to keep you connected even if you don’t have a working broadband connection. Here’s a link to the guide for setting up your Hybrid Connect.

How do I manage my order?

You can view your order details online such as the status of your order, if your equipment has been dispatched, your appointment date and more. Here’s a link to how to track and manage your order online.

How do I use BT Wi-Fi?

Did you know that if you’re a BT Business customer, you get free unlimited access to our BT Wi-Fi hotspots? Here’s a link to a help article on how to use BT Wi-Fi.

How do I set up Port Forwarding?

To set up port forwarding, you will need to know from your application provider what port range(s) and protocols you need to follow. Here’s a link for the guide on setting up port forwarding on the BT Business Smart Hub and here’s the guide for this on the BT Business Smart Hub 2.

^BethM
0 REPLIES 0