cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 2FA or MFA for business accounts ?

rbjtech

Hi,

Perhaps this is buried somewhere and I've yet to find it - but for both my Business broadband login (on secure.business.bt.com) and my EE mobiles (via the BT Dashboard) - neither have the option for Multiple Factor Authentication (MFA) / 2FA - I just need a login and password to access.    While this is unique to BT, I'm not comfortable just using this to access my account.    Please can you advise if/how I setup MFA on both my BT and EE accounts ?

Thanks !

4 REPLIES 4

kelper
Guru

I looked, but could not find anyway to  add 2FA to a business account although you can to a resdidential one.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi rbjtech

There is no way to enable it currently but I have raised this as a query to the team in charge of registration to highlight this request. 

^BethM

rbjtech

Thanks BethM.   Any follow up ?

For business accounts, this is surely a security concern that should be raised in priority.   Please could I get a formal response from the registration team - do they have an ETA for example ?

Thanks ! 

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

The BT Business access online does not require 2 step authentication and the facility to do this is not in place.  We have not had any feed back on plans to change this in the future. If any updates are scheduled we will post an article on the community confirming.

Thank you

Adam