cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange light but working

Dibbley

Hi

1 week ago today vandals cut through the lines in the street, cutting off all BT telephones and internet on the estate.  For a few days we had 3 BT vans at the entrance to the estate reconnecting everyone.  Today my internet is working, I can browse, I can run speed tests, but, the light on the Business Hub 2 is solid orange.  The BT website is also saying that my connection is "Status Unknown", but it is also saying that my problem is fixed.

Is it possible that in the rush to get the estate back up and running that I've been put onto some kind of profile that is bypassing the checks that determine whether or not the router, and the BT website sees me as connected?

I'm happy that the internet is up, it's just annoying to see the router telling me it is down.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Dibbley

That's a strange one - do you have a Hybrid Connect attached also?

^BethM

Dibbley

Hi

No, but here's where it gets weird, if I plug in the Hybrid, it turns Blue.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

The hub goes blue? Or the Hybrid?

^BethM

Dibbley

The hub.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

That's so strange. I take it you've done the usual turn it off and on reboot etc?

^BethM

Dibbley

Yes multiple times daily for a week.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm.....

Can you please send me a private message with some account details? I want to look into this further. Thanks

^BethM

Dibbley

Hi

Each time I try to send you a message, it tells me "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."  This is the first DM I've ever tried sending.

errors.png

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Dibbley, how strange, thanks for flagging - I have reported this now. I will PM you. 

^BethM