cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible wrong profile assigned? Speeds have halved.

ancilenet

HI All,

Have never had to post on the forums, apologies for my first one being about BB issues therefore I welcome any input given 🙂

For the last X amount of years I've been on Infiity Option 2 business plan, this expired contracually at some point in 2016 although I just continued to pay it each quarter as expected.

Last week at bang on 1am I was kicked off my shells/consoles etc and when the hub3 eventually reconnected I had serious latency issues and also noticed that essentially my line speeds had halfed when using speed test etc, following this it appears I could also no longer access the hub3 on its internal lan IP - After contacting BT support, line tests etc done it was agreed that I had to renew my business plan so they could send me the new hub6, so now I'm on the Business Infinity Premium plan which should see me at 50+ down and 10+ up, although this is not the case.

Tonight I've tested with stripping the face plate right back to the original with the test socket, plugged in the adsl filter that come with the hub6 to test and surprisingly I connected but the line speeds were exactly the same sync wise, so I've since gave the copper components a clean in each and re-added the business faceplate, reconnected again and speeds exactly the same even though shows as VDSL (I think).

I had this once many years ago when my Infinity first went acttive and it turned out to be a profile issue at the head end, once it was fixed I was getting 60+ down and 15+ up sync speeds, therfore this is what makes me think it's a profile issue -

Technical log output with username removed;

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:
0 Days, 0 Hours 34 Minutes 30 Seconds

Data rate:
5.29 Mbps / 38.83 Mbps

Maximum data rate:
5630 / 45637

Noise margin:
6.2 dB / 6.2 dB

Line attenuation:
0 dB / 21.6 dB

Signal attenuation:
0 dB / 21.6 dB

VLAN id:

Modulation:
G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:
Fast Path

Data sent / received:
19 MB Uploaded / 615 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:
****@hg70.btclick.com

BT Wi-fi:
Not active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:
BTBHub6-H59P

2.4 GHz wireless channel:
Smart (Channel 1)

5 GHz wireless network name:
BTBHub6-H59P

5 GHz wireless channel:
Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:
WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:
Mode 1

Firewall:
On

MAC address:
AC:3B:**

Software variant:
-

Boot loader:

Hopefully someone can help or has a contact at OR that can check I'm on the correct profile etc? 🙂

Many thanks in advance,

-Stu

Have you switched it back off and on again?
2 REPLIES 2

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Ancilenet

Very sorry to hear you are having those issues - if you PM me with the line number in regards to this one I should be able to check what profile you are currently on and that should enable us to determine if this is a fault or a profile issue.

Regards

Ryan

ancilenet

Hi Ryan,

Many thanks for taking the time to read my post. I'll send you a wee message right now 🙂

Thanks,

-Stu

Have you switched it back off and on again?