cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIP ALG - BT Business Hub 3

iand15

My wife uses a VoIP based phone solution whilst working from home. She encounters numerous issues when receiving calls mainly around call quality, and the provider has recommended that SIP ALG is disabled on our broadband router.

Can someone advise how I do this, as I cannot find any relevant settings on the router. I'm concerned that this is another 'feature' not currently enabled in the current firmware. Does anyone else have this issue ?

Thanks

Ian

7 REPLIES 7

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Ian,

I just want to confirm are you using a BT Business Smart Hub 2 or 3? 

Thank you,

Adam

Hi Adam - It's a 3 

Thanks

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

H iand15

For the Business Smart Hub 3, SIP ALG should already be disabled by default. 

^BethM

Hi Beth,

Thanks for your reply, but are you sure this is the case for the Business Smart Hub 3 ? The article you have linked mention how to check/disable the function of other router versions, but on the BSH3 none of the options are even visible. I realise from other posts, including my own,  that there are lots of issues with the firmware on the BSH3.

What we are currently seeing is poor quality received calls via Voip when the mobile is connected via Wifi (yet we have a good Wifi signal). If Wifi is disabled on the mobile and we use mobile data, then the issue immediately goes away.

Please advise

Ian

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Ian, you can check this under the hub settings. Go to 192.168.1.254, then Advanced Settings and then Firewall. 

^BethM

Hi Beth

Thanks again for your reply. 

Please show me where this information is ! My point above is that the option are not visible unless I am looking in the wrong screen - please see example attached....

Screenshot .jpg

Thanks

Ian

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi iand15

Apologises, I was advised it would be on this screen. I will check into this and let you know once I have an answer.

^BethM