cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Hub Firmware BUG

MHC
Guru

Yesterday my Smart Hub did a firmware update (annoying that it was during the working day)

Previously:
Firmware version: SG4B1B0092BC
Gui version: 1.117.2

and now

Firmware version: SG4B1B0092BE
Gui version: 1.132.0

So, probably just a GUI update.

However, the displayed Line and Signal Attenuation figures have both jumnped from what was a nice, stable 16.4 dB to an incredible 27.7 dB. Speeds have remained much the same with max attainable around 71.1 Mbps and actual sync at 70.1 Mbps and for updstream around 17.9 Mbps.     For a 440m line 16.4 is the right figure - no way is it 27.7dB and voice is fine and clear so no other oddities. And has remained there, no changes, no re-sync, no loss of service ...

So,  is there a bug in the GUI   and if so, how long before it is resolved.

5 REPLIES 5

simonw500

Overnight I've received the same firmware update (on a newly installed Business Smart Hub plugged in late last week) and noticed the same large jump in reported line attenuation stats (6.3 dB / 6.3 dB --> 7.4 dB / 13.1 dB, on a line length I suspect is under 200m), again without any seemingly impact on line sync speed.

Monitoring..

MHC
Guru

Seems odd though ... I too still have the same sync/throughput and it is stable,  with, so far, over 12 days uptime.

I have reported it through the helpdesk and posted here - also with a reminder to the mod.

No formal response to the report though.   I had hoped for better

JamesL

Hi MHC, 

could you PM me your Hub serial Number please?

i have raised the issue to our Hub support team to check for a potential bug, 

Thanks

James 

MHC
Guru

Serial number sent on a PM

JamesL

Thanks i will keep you updated with anything we find,