cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static ip's 'lost' after moving from Plusnet

bfg

A little advice please as I have spent several days now going round in circles with 'Chat bots' and finding it very difficult to explain clearly via chat ...

We had a business contract with Plusnet Business and alongside that we had two static ip's which were linked to a turbine sending data back to the energy company. I was unaware of this setup when I was asked to organise a move from Plusnet Business to BT Business.

It now appears that since the changeover (4 months ago) data connection to the turbine company was 'lost'. I am assuming it is due to 'loosing' these static ip's during the move?

Am I correct in assuming BT cannot simply move our original static ip's to the new BT account?

If so, is it simply a case of 'renting' two new static ip's from BT and amending the router settings for the energy company to ping and be access the turbine data?

Thanks in anticipation of a reply to keep me sane!

Ken

3 REPLIES 3

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

Yes you would need to obtain a new static IP from BT Business. IPs can not switch between companies.

Thank you

Adam

waizaqueen

I have same issue can support team help you and change IPs . tell me how can I change it?

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

If you call the team on 0800800152 they will place a order to activate a static IP on the service for you.

Thank you,

Adam