cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTconnect emails being discontinued

AngelaP

Please can someone tell me if btconnect pop legacy email addresses are being discontinued.  If this is to happen then there will be a lot of people who will be disrupted, both on a personal level and business level.   We have been told this is happening by someone who works at BT but it doesn't seem they are going to let anyone know.   Surely that can't just stop using the server without letting anyone know?  

21 REPLIES 21

Stuart_rip

But you did it so can we have an answer - Web mail is useless for a business

quisigy

I work in IT and have a @btconnect.com  email account which suddenly can no longer be accessed via Thunderbird.

After hours of trying  various combinations of IMAP and POP3  settings, either btconnect is no longer supported or there are some settings that I'm missing.

Any help would be much appreciated ... thank you in advance!

Alexander0x

Hey kelper,

seen you on many posts involving the end of support for POP3 and you seem very knowledgeable. Could you explain how i would go about migrating from btconnect to gmail? It would make sense importing the mail in the gmail client but we are facing errors with the POP username and POP server. 

kelper
Guru

Sorry for late reply,I have been travelling all day.  If you can't now access your BTconnect email you won't even be able to forward emails to Gmail.  I have seen many different server settings for POP and SMTP.   I had been able to collect my BTconnect until the 21st June when is suddenly started to fail with an authentication error.

Gmail used to figure this by itself but now can't cllect it.

AngelaP

Have you tried accessing through Office.com? In my company we have had to ring BT Business to reset the password, access through Office.com, click on Outlook then forward emails to another email address. All our btconnect emails have now stopped working. Hope this helps 🙏

Alexander0x

That's unfortunate, we will have to configure it manually then. Thank you for your insight.

Alexander0x

Luckily, we still have access to the Outlook web platform, and I agree with you about setting a forward. we were looking to set a direct migration to bring contacts and mail history all in one from BT to save a lot of admin time.

Thank you both for your fast replies

kelper
Guru

I can still access my btconnect emails using Microsoft Office 365 on my PC.  I bought Office Pro 2021 and using Outlook (although it appears as Outlook 365.)

Incoming mail

server outlook.office365.com

port 995

SSL/TLS

Outgoing mail

server smtp.office365.com

port 587

STARTTLS

authentication is set to "use the same settings as my incoming mail server".

Outlook365 will also allow me to export everything - mails, contacts calendar etc to a PST file.

Alexander0x

cheers, will give this a try

Kiffy

In response to kelper:

It did not work for me, just tried it. 

Very disappointed with the lack of understanding from BT (I'm afraid I cannot call it Help & Support).

No desire to spend money on a Domain name and serious hassle to change to a different email address.

Any other suggestions?