cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

btconnect.com email

Andy_H

We have several payable packages with BT, including phones, broadband and webhosting. if we transfer our domain and webhosting to another company will our btconnect.com email still work ok without disruption as it is our buisnesses only email account?

4 REPLIES 4

Burkem5
Guru

So long as you have chargeable serices with BT I am confident that you will be able to keep your btconnect.com e-mail address.

That said if you dont have a chargeable service on that account (the one with the email attached) you may have some issues when we do our data clenses,  this is a known issue and BT is working on fixing this. 

It should be quite quick and easy to reactivate this if the data clense does knock this off though.

Thanks

Burkem5

FrankJones

I have been using my btconnect.com email address on BT broadband for my business domain name by pointing all emails to the domain name direct to my btconnect address.  This has worked for some years but stopped passing the messages to my btconnect address on Friday 21st aug 2015.  I have my broadband service on a HP Desktop using Windows 7.

Any suggestions would be mauch appreciated.

@Andy_H wrote:

We have several payable packages with BT, including phones, broadband and webhosting. if we transfer our domain and webhosting to another company will our btconnect.com email still work ok without disruption as it is our buisnesses only email account?

jtanna
Power User

I buy domains from BTBusiness and out of the blue, my btconnect.com email account stopped.  How can I conduct business withy BT without this email?

I once tried to use hotmail account but I was told that I need to open a new btconnect.com account and that is what I did about 15 months ago.  Now it doesn't work.

What has changed and why was I not notified about this.

I can't log in at all today.  The last login was on: 5th August,2015.

How can I contact somebody at BT Business?  My forum memail is hotmail.com and BT used to contact me via my mobile number but now everything has stopped.

Thank you.

jtanna
Power User

@Burkem5 wrote:

So long as you have chargeable serices with BT I am confident that you will be able to keep your btconnect.com e-mail address.

That said if you dont have a chargeable service on that account (the one with the email attached) you may have some issues when we do our data clenses,  this is a known issue and BT is working on fixing this. 

It should be quite quick and easy to reactivate this if the data clense does knock this off though.

Thanks

Burkem5

Hi Burkem5,  I hope you are still around on these forums as this is a very old post.

However, do you know what are these chargeable service?  Is buying a domain from BT a chargeable service?  The domain needs to renewed every two years and in my case they asked me to create a btconnect account before they could sell me a domain.  I did that several years ago because BTDomains were cheaper in those years.

Now they have suspended my account despite having virtually no activity so it is nothing to do with abuse of the system or anything like that.  It is all about BT charges me once every two years.

So clearly this needs to be clarified by the BT executives who need their bonuses year after year for terminating accounts without informing customers.

Thanks.